New Year, New Job?
Is one of your News Year’s resolutions to find a new job?
It is quite common for people to start searching for a new opportunity once the Christmas period has past, but what should you be doing?
- Make sure you have a suitable email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org doesn’t set a good first impression, something along the lines of email@example.com will show you are serious about your job searching and if you use an email address for this sole purpose you can easily keep track of your sent and received emails without having to set up lots of separate folders.
- Make sure your CV is up to date and in either Word or PDF format. Have copies of your CV and cover letter ready to edit. That way you can change the content to match the requirements of the job you’re applying for but, the contact information and your opening and closing paragraphs won’t need to be changed. There are some great free templates available to down load for CV’s, which can be personalized here; http://www.dayjob.com/content/blank-cv-template-630.htm. If you are not sure that your CV is creating the desired effects why not visit www.TheCVstore.net for a free CV review.
- If you haven’t already, visit www.LinkedIn.com and sign up, recruiters and companies are using LinkedIn more and more for advertising their vacancies and searching for candidates. Follow the recruiters and companies in your desired location to get updates on the vacancies they are working on. Facebook is commonly used by agencies too so like some relevant recruitment company pages in your area to see their vacancies on your news feed.
- Search job websites and recruitment agencies websites are the most common and fastest way to find suitable vacancies. Most of the sites will have filtering option to narrow your so that you only see relevant vacancies.
- Jobs by Email. Let the jobs come to you. All of the major job sites have job alert options, you simply need to complete an online then new vacancies will drop into your inbox. The frequency of the emails you receive will vary from site to site. When you register with a recruitment company; you are allowing them to add your details to their mailing list too.
To connect to our pages and view our current vacancies please follow the links below: